As a responsible lender we want to ensure that you can repay your loan comfortably in a way that is affordable to you. Uncle Buck loans are not designed for long-term borrowing or keeping you in debt, but instead are to be repaid in the short-term. If you need to borrow over a longer period there are other, more suitable forms of credit available. A payday loan is a short term cash advance that is there to help you when unexpected expenses arise helping you manage your cashflow.
Uncle Buck is committed to responsible lending, we will:
Lend responsibly at all times. Measures include:
• Comprehensive affordability and employment checks
• Affordable and variable loan amounts based on available income
• Repay early without any early repayment charges
• Assist you by never lending more than a maximum of £400 on your first loan (subject to status and affordability) . This should help ensure you have enough money to pay back the loan in one repayment.
• As an existing customer, we may be able to consider applications for greater sums but this cannot be guaranteed as we need to consider your circumstances on each occasion.
• We will send you three reminders in the week leading up to your payday so you will be fully aware of what is due. You can also rest assured that providing the loan is repaid on time there are no additional charges.
Be transparent, honest and open. All of the terms and conditions of the loan, as well as the charges, will be displayed clearly upfront before you make a decision about whether to borrow. The only way the cost can increase is if you don't repay your loan on the date agreed. Further details of charges we make in the event of default are shown in the SECCI and in the Loan Agreement.
Things you should consider.
To assist in your decision please consider the following examples; a payday loan might be an appropriate product to fill a temporary cash shortage, to avoid becoming overdrawn at your bank or to avoid expensive charges for returned direct debits, to repair your car, washing machine or other unexpected expenses.
It is not appropriate to pay off another loan or to routinely cover your day to day expenses as this is an unsustainable form of borrowing.
We do not ask what you need the money for so it is up to you to be sure you are using the product for an appropriate purpose. You should never borrow money unless you are sure you can pay it back otherwise you may incur further charges.
If you find that you are applying for another loan straight away after repaying the previous one, or repeatedly applying for a rollover, this may be a sign of financial difficulty. You should seek assistance from a professional financial advice counsellor or contact one of the free and independent debt-counselling organisations as detailed in the Good Practice Customer Charter - click here to view.
Once approved cash can be sent directly to your account within 1 hour!
There is a £15 charge for this service, please refer to our FAQ for more details